A. Williams Construction
SAFETY + TEAMWORK = SUCCESS.
At A. Williams Construction the safety of our workers on jobsites is our primary concern. In our field of heavy equipment, deep excavations, trenching and trucking of hazardous material, safety is a way of life.
We are proud to say that after 30 years we have never had a fatality or severe injury on any of our projects. We have never received an OSHA violation and our workers compensation insurance EMR reflects our commitment to safety.
A safe worker is comfortable, productive and confident in his/her actions.
At A. Williams we abide to the following steps to help insure the highest level of safety.
* Zero Drug Tolerance Policy.
* All Drivers must have zero points on their license.
* Excavation Laborers Hazwoper Trained 40 Hr.
* Workers are encouraged to attend Union Safety Classes.
* Drivers and Operating Engineers are Hazmat Trained 40Hr OSHA Trained.
* Workers Trained by FDNY for Fuel Handling and Fire Watch.
* Competent Person on Site 40 hr OSHA Trained.
* Weekly Tool Box Meetings.
* Daily Sign In Sheets.
* Flagmen 10 Hr Training at Local 731 or Local 79.
* Equipment Maintenance is Job 1.
* No Off-Hours Work.
* Daily Truck Safety Inspection Logs.
* Personal Protective Equipment of Workers.
* Training in Use of Pneumatic and Gas Powered Tools.
* Local 15 Certified Burners and Welders.
* NYC Department of Buildings Licensed Crane Operators
* Health and Safety Plans and Site Safety Plans for Each Project.